ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) has announced its new ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 laptop. It is a premium gaming laptop which integrates two display and offers flagship performance.
It has an elegant Active Aerodynamic System (AAS) Plus design that makes the full-width ROG ScreenPad Plus touchscreen an integrated part of the cooling system. When the laptop is opened, the ROG ScreenPad Plus tilts up at a 13-degree angle for comfortable viewing and touchscreen interaction.
The 14.1-inch second screen panel in ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 is the largest second display available in production gaming laptop. Additionally,it has an innovative Active Aerodynamic System (AAS) that opens a large 28.5mm intake vent as the lid is lifted. It allows the laptop to intake cooler air from above the laptop instead of warmer air from the beneath, thus reducing the strain on internal cooling system. It also decreases the need for heat dissipation and keeps noise level in check (below 46dB(A) in Turbo mode and 43dB(A) in performance mode).
The ASUS Zephyrus Duo 15 users can choose between an ultra fast 300Hz / 3ms gming panel or a high resolution 4K UHD display. Both of these displays (non touch screen) are PANTONE validated to guarantee color accuracy. This gaming laptop can be configured with 10th Gen Intel Core i7 / Core i9 processors with latter hitting speeds as high as 5.3GHz on a single core. The laptop can be configured with up to 48GB of combined onboard memory (SO-DIMM) and Two nimble NVM Express PCIe x4 SSDs running in RAID 0 to provide plenty of high-speed storage.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 Specifications
- Dimensions:14.2 x 10.6 x 0.8 inch
- Weight: 2.4 Kg
- Keyboard: Backlit chiclet keyboard with n-keys support, 1.4mm key travel
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Pro
- Main screen: 15.6-inch PANTONE Validated IPS display with support for Microsoft Hybrid Graphics / G-SYNC switching, 4K UHD / FHD 300Hz, 60Hz refresh rate, 100% NTSC Color, 100% sRGB Color, 3ms response time
- ScreenPad Plus: 14.09-inch touch screen with 3840 x 1100 pixels UHD resolution, 60Hz refresh, 72% NTSC color
- Chipset: Intel 10th Generation Comet Lake Core i7-10887H OR Core i9-10980HK
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER OR RTX 2080 SUPER (Both 8GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- Memory: 16GB (DDR4 3200MHz) onboard, 1 x SODIMM slot for additional 32GB (total of 48GB memory)
- Storage: 2 x M.2 SSD slot (NVMe PCIe), PCIe 3.0 x4 512 GB / 1 TB, supports RAID 0
- Battery: 90Wh. Comes with 240W power adapter, Support USB-C Power deliver 3.0 up to 64W
- Audio: Dual Speakers, ESS + Hi-Res Audio (HRA) certification, Supports smart amplifier, Nahimic Sonic Studio + ISST, Far-field microphone array with support for Microsoft Cortana
- Connectivity and Ports: 2×2 multi-antenna Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth V5.0, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, DisplayPort 1.4, TBT, PD input 20 V/3A / Output 5V/3A, two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A (right), USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A (Bottom), HDMI (supports HDMI 2.0b), two Audio Jack, RJ45
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 will be available in North America from late Q2 2020.