Huawei along with P40 has also announced P40 Pro smartphone. There are several similarities between the two however, the Pro variant comes with slightly bigger display, better camera and battery.
The Huawei P40 Pro sports IP68 water resistant rating. Depending on the model, you either get Dual Nano SIM slots or Nano + eSIM. The handset boots on EMUI 10.1 which is based on Android 10. It includes APP Gallery though.
The Huawei P40 Pro specs include 6.58-inch OLED display with 2640 x 1200 pixels resolution and offers up to 90Hz refresh rate. Inside is octa-core Kirin 990 5G SoC with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage space.
The smartphone features in 32MP primary and depth shooter at the front for selfies. These have AF, AI capabilities and 4K video recording support. At the back side is 50MP (ultra vision) + 40MP (Cine Ultra-wide angle) + 12 (Super Sensing Telephoto) + Depth sensor.
There is a slightly better 4200mAh battery which supports 40W Huawei Super Charge and 27W Wireless Super charging. There is an in-display fingerprint sensor and face unlocking support as well.
Huawei P40 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.2 x 72.6 x 8.95 mm
- Weight: 209 grams
- Operating System: Android 10 based EMUI 10.1
- Ratings: IP68 (Splash / Water / Dust resistant) (1.5 meter depth up to 30 minutes)
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- SIM: Dual Sim slots (Nano + Nano OR Nano + eSIM )
- Display: 6.58-inch OLED display with 2640 x 1200 pixels resolution, up to 90Hz refresh rate, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.86GHz A76 x 2 + 2.36GHz A76 x 2 + 1.9GHz A55 x 4) Huawei Kirin 990 5G processor with Mali-G76 GPU and Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB built-in
- Front camera: 32MP with F/2.2 Aperture, Auto Focus, 4K video at 60fps + Depth camera.
- Rear cameras: Quad rear cameras with LED Flash, Auto Focus, OIS + AIS
- 50MP Ultra Vision camera with 1/1.28-inch Ultra Vision sensor, RYYB color filter array, Wide-angle lens, F/1.9 Aperture, Octa PD Auto Focus, 4-in-1 pixel pinning (2.44um super large pixel), Huawei XD Fusion Engine
- 40MP Cine Camera with 1/1.54-inch Sensor, Ultra-wide-angle lens, F/1.8 Aperture, Ultra Slow-motion video, Telephoto video, 4K time Lapse
- 12MP SuperSensing Telephoto camera with F/3.4 Aperture, OIS, 5X Optical Zoom, 10X Hybrid Zoom, 50X Max Zoom
- 3D Depth sensing camera with real-time depth detection
- Battery: 4200mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) with Huawei SuperCharge (40W max), 27W Wireless Huawei SuperCharge
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, HE160, 1024QAM, 8Spatial-streaming Sounding MU-MIMO, Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen1, USB Type-C ear jack, GPS (L1+L) / A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou (B1l + B1c + B2a), Galileo (E1 + E5a) / QZSS (L1 + LF) / NavIC, NFC
- Sensors: Gesture, Gravity, Hall, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light, Proximity, Laser, Color Temperature
The Huawei P40 Pro colors include Silver Frost, Blush Gold, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White and Black colors. It is priced at Euro 999 (US$ 1095 / Rs. 82,130 approx.). It will roll out from April 7th.