OnePlus has just announced its latest OnePlus 8 smartphone. It is company’s new flagship mobile with an in-display fingerprint sensor. It runs on company’s proprietary Oxygen OS which is based on Android 10.
It comes with Dual Nano SIM slots and supports 5G or Dual 4G VoLTE. The cellphone sports a 6.55-inch Fulid AMOLED display with HDR10+ support and offers FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio. You also get Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
As you might expect from a flagship, the OnePlus 8 features in octa-core Snapdragon 865 SoC which is paired with 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM. The handset comes in 128GB or 256GB storage option and is non expandable.
In terms of cameras, you get a 16MP front camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, EIS and 1080p video recording support. The OnePlus 8 specs also include triple rear cameras consisting of 48MP (main) + 16MP (ultra-wide angle) + 2MP (macro) shooters and dual LED flash.
It has 4300mAh battery capacity and supports 30W Warp Charge 30T fast charging. For enhanced audio, OnePlus 8 comes with stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos. All the connectivity options are present as well.
OnePlus 8 Specifications
- Dimensions: 160.2 x 72.9 x 8.0 mm
- Weight: 180 Grams
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 10 based OxygenOS
- Display: 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED HDR10+ display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, 402ppi pixel density, 1100nits brightness, 4096 levels of automatic brightness control, 0.4 JNCD, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 with Turbo Write and HPB
- Front camera: 16MP with Sony IMX471 sensor, F/2.0 Aperture, Fixed Focus, EIS, 1080p video at 30fps
- Rear cameras: Triple-rear cameras with dual-LED Flash, up to 4K UHD at 30/60fps, Slow-mo 720p at 480fps, PDAF
- 48MP main with Sony IMX586 sensor, F/1.75 Aperture, OIS, EIS
- 16MP with 116-degree ultra-wide angle FOV, F/2.2 Aperture
- 2MP Macro with F/2.4 Aperture, 1.75um pixel size
- Battery: 4300mAh with 30W Warp Charge 30T fast charging support
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.1, NFC USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo
- Sensors: Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Proximity, Sensor Core
OnePlus 8 Price
- OnePlus 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB Storage: Rs. 41,999
- OnePlus 8 with 8GB RAM and 128GB Storage: £599.00 / US$ 699 / Rs. 44,999
- OnePlus 8 with 12GB RAM and 256GB Storage: £699.00 / US$ 799 / Rs. 49,999
OnePlus 8 colors include Glacial Green, Interstellar Glow and Onyx Black colors. It will be available along side OnePlus 8 pro. Selling of OnePlus 8 will start from May 29 at Amazon.in and Retail stores across India. There is a limited edition Pop-up bundle exclusively for Red Cable Club members on May 28th, with OnePlus 8 Price starting at Rs. 45,999.
OnePlus 8 5G launch offers
- 10% discount on screen protection for Red Club members
- Rs. 2000 instant discount on purchase of OnePlus 8 5G using SBI cards
- Up to 12 months no-cost EMI at Amazon.in and OnePlus.in on purchase (using popular debit / credit cards)
- Purchase at one-third value (of total cost) and pay the remaining amount at 12 month installments using Bajaj Finance
- Benefits of Rs. 6000 and Rs. 150 off on Jio Prepaid recharges of Rs. 349