POCO has officially introduced its latest smartphone in its F Series lineup called POCO F3. It is basically rebranded or rather a global variant of Redmi K40.
Talking about the specifications of POCO F3, it has 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED display with MEMC and offers FHD+ 20:9 resolution. The screen delivers DCI-P3 colors, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz of touch sampling rate, 1300nits (peak) brightness and 8192 levels of dimming.
At the top center of the screen is a 2.76mm ultra-small punch-hole which houses a 20MP ultra-clear selfie camera. At the back side are triple shooters which consist of 48MP (main, 1/1.2″ Sony IMX582) + 8MP (119° Ultra-wide) + 5MP (3cm-7cm Telemacro lens).
The POCO F3 specs also include octa-core Snapdragon 870 SoC inside with 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM. Depending on model, the smartphone houses 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage space. The device includes LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus for keeping thermals in check.
The cell phone is powered by Android 11 based MIUI 12. It has Dual Nano SIM slots with 5G (SA/NSA) and Dual 4G VOLTE support. The POCO F3 also feature a side mounted fingerprint sensor for biometrics.
Powering its hardware is a 4520mAh (typical) battery capacity with 33W wired QC3+ / PD3.0 fast charging support. The mobile is claimed to fully charge in about 52 minutes. With 100% battery, F3 is said to offer up to 149 hours of music or 14 hours of video or 10 hours of gaming or 268 hours of standby.
The handset hosts dual Speakers with Dolby Atmos and delivers Hi-Res audio. There is no 3.5mm audio jack.
POCO F3 – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 196 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Operating System: Android 11 based MIUI 12
- Biometrics: Side mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED HDR10+ screen (2.76mm screen opening) with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 360Hz touch sampling rate, 8bit colors, DCI-P3, MEMC frame rate compensation, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 900nits (typical) / 1300nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 870 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Front camera: 20MP ultra-clear camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 1080p video at 30/60fps, 720p slow-motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p at 30/60fps, slow-motion video 1080p at 120/240/960fps
- 48MP main with 1/2-inch Sony IMX582 sensor, F/1.79 Aperture
- 8MP with 119-degree ultra wide-angle lens, AI Distortion correction algorithm, F/2.4 Aperture
- 5MP 50mm tele-macro lens with 50mm equivalent focal length, F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4520mAh (typical) with 33W fast charging (100% in 52 minutes)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V5.1, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS (l1+l5) / GLONASS (G1) / Beidou (B1l + B1C + B2a) / Galileo (E1+E5a) / QZSS (L1+L5) / NavIC L / 5AGPS assisted positioning
- Sensors: 360-degree ambient light, acceleration, gyroscope, e-compass, color temperature, linear motor, infrared remote control, ultra-sonic distance sensor
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, Hi-res Audio, Stereo dual speakers, Hi-Res wireless audio, Game tuner
The POCO F3 colour options include Arctic White, Night Black and Deep Ocean Blue shades. It will be up for order from March 27th to April 6th (with early bird offer prices). The now POCO F3 launch in India is expected soon.
POCO F3 price
- POCO F3 6GB/128GB model: 349 euros (US$ 415 / Rs. 30,100 approx.)
- Early bird offer price: 299 Euros (US$ 356 / Rs. 25,780 approx.)
- POCO F3 8GB/256GB model: 399 Euros (US$ 475 / Rs. 34,410 approx.)
- Early bird offer price: 349 Euros (US$ 415 / Rs. 30,100 approx.)