These are dual SIM smartphones with 5G SA/NSA and Dual 4G VoLTE support. These come with side mounted fingerprint sensor for authentication and unlocking.
The Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ feature in 6.67-inch multi-touch E4 AMOLED HDR10+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The screen offers FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nits of HMB brightness and delivers DCI-P3 colors.
Both of these pack in octa-core Snapdragon 888 mobile platform inside. They come in options of 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage space and 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage options.
The come with 4520mAh battery and supports 33W fast charging. Both of these feature a 20MP front camera with F/2.4 Aperture and 0.8um pixel size. They run on Android 11 based MIUI 12 and is upgradable to MIUI 12.5.
Both of these mobile phones have triple rear cameras. The Redmi K40 Pro feature in 64MP (main, Sony IMX686) + 8MP (119° ultra-wide angle lens) + 5MP (telemacro) shooters and LED flash. The Redmi K40 Pro+ pack in 100MP (main, ISCOCELL HM2) + 8MP (119° ultra-wide angle lens) + 5MP (telemacro) snappers with LED Flash.
Redmi K40 Pro and Redmi K40 Pro+ – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 196 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Operating System: Android 11 based MIUI 12
- Biometrics: Side mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED HDR10+ screen (2.76mm screen opening) with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 360Hz touch sampling rate, 8bit colors, DCI-P3, MEMC frame rate compensation, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 900nits (typical) / 1300nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 888 mobile platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 (6400Mbps)
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Front camera: 20MP ultra-clear camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 1080p video at 30/60fps, 720p slow-motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, 8K video at 30fps, 1080p at 30/60fps, slow-motion video 1080p at 120/240/960fps
- Redmi K40 Pro:
- 64MP ultra-clear main with 1/1.7-inch Sony IMX686 sensor, 9.1-inch large pixel at 2.1um pixel output, F/1.89 Aperture, 7P lens
- 8MP with 119-degree ultra wide-angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture
- 5MP telephoto-macro lens with F/2.4 Aperture
- Redmi K40 Pro+:
- 100MP main ultra-clear camera with 1/1.52-inch Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, 9-in-1 pixel at 2.1um pixel size, 7P lens, F/1.75 Aperture
- 8MP with 119-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, F/2.2 aperture
- 5MP 50mm tele-macro lens with 50mm equivalent focal length, F/2.4 Aperture
- Redmi K40 Pro:
- Battery: 4520mAh (typical) with 33W fast charging (100% in 52 minutes)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz) 2×2 MIMO, 8×8 sounding for MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V5.2, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS (l1+l5) / GLONASS (G1) / Beidou (B1l + B1C + B2a) / Galileo (E1+E5a) / QZSS (L1+L5) / NavIC L / 5AGPS assisted positioning
- Sensors: 360-degree ambient light, acceleration, gyroscope, e-compass, color temperature, linear motor, infrared remote control, ultra-sonic distance sensor
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, Hi-res Audio, Stereo dual speakers, Hi-Res wireless audio, Game tuner
Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ colour options include Glossy Black, Icy White and Dreamland shades. These will go on sale in China from March 4th and are already up for order starting today.
Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ price list
- Redmi K40 Pro with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage: 2799 Yuan ($433 / Rs. 31,470 approx.)
- Redmi K40 Pro with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage: 2999 Yuan (2999 Yuan ($645 / Rs. 33,720 approx.)
- Redmi K40 Pro with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage: 3299 Yuan ($510 / Rs. 37,100 approx.)
- Redmi K40 Pro+ with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage: 3699 Yuan ($572 / Rs. 41,600 approx.)