Redmi has officially announced its new K Series smartphone called Redmi K40S. The handset is very much similar to Xiaomi 11X and has same specs sheet (apart from cameras).
The Redmi K40s comes with triple camera module at back which includes 48MP main, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens and 2MP macro lens. For selfies, it has a 20MP front facing camera with F/2.4 Aperture.
The Redmi K40S specs include 6.67-inch AMOLED display with MEMC and HDR10+. It gives 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nits peak brightness and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
Powering inside is an octa-core Snapdragon 870 SoC coupled with upgraded cooling system. It has vapor chamber with 3112mm² area and liquid-cooled heat dissipation area (400% more than Redmi K40).
The Redmi K40S comes in options or 6GB/8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage and 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage space. It has a 4500mAh battery capacity and supports 67W fast charging. It can charge battery up to 100% in just 38 minutes.
The smartphone comes with dual SIM support and allows 5G / dual 4G VoLTE. It runs on Android 12 based MIUI 13 and comes with a side mounted fingerprint sensor for biometrics.
Redmi K40s Specifications
- Dimensions: 163.2 x 75.9 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Operating System: Android 12 based MIUI 13
- Biometrics: Side mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 6.67-inch E3 AMOLED HDR10+ screen (2.76mm screen opening) with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 360Hz touch sampling rate, 8bit colors, DCI-P3, MEMC frame rate compensation, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 900nits (typical) / 1300nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 870 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Front camera: 20MP ultra-clear camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 1080p video at 30/60fps, 720p slow-motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p at 30/60fps, slow-motion video 1080p at 120/240/960fps
- 48MP main with 1/2-inch Sony IMX582 sensor, F/1.79 Aperture
- 8MP with 119-degree ultra wide-angle lens, AI Distortion correction algorithm, F/2.4 Aperture
- 2MP macro with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) with 67W fast charging
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V5.1, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS (l1+l5) / GLONASS (G1) / Beidou (B1l + B1C + B2a) / Galileo (E1+E5a) / QZSS (L1+L5) / NavIC L / 5AGPS assisted positioning
- Sensors: 360-degree ambient light, acceleration, gyroscope, e-compass, color temperature, linear motor, infrared remote control, ultra-sonic distance sensor
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, Hi-res Audio, Stereo dual speakers, Hi-Res wireless audio, Game tuner
The Redmi K40S color options are Black, Silver, Green and Iridescent shades. It is up to for order in Chinese markets.
Redmi K40S price
- 6GB RAM + 128GB Storage: 1799 yuan (US$ 283 / Rs. 21,530 approx.)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage: 1999 yuan (US$ 314 / Rs. 23,920 approx.)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB Storage: 2199 yuan (US$ 346 / Rs. 26,320 approx.)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB Storage: 2399 yuan (US$ 377 / Rs. 28,710 approx.)