Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially launched Redmi Note 8 smartphone in India. It was first introduced in China back in August.
It has 6.39-inch FHD+ LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The mobile runs on octa-core Snapdragon 665 SoC.
The Redmi Note 8 options include 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM or 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage space. There is a dedicated microSD card slot for further expansion.
A 4000mAh battery in present. It has quad-rear cameras of 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP shooters and LED Flash. At the front side is a 13MP shooter for selfies.
Redmi Note 8 Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 190 grams
- Biometrics: Fingerprint Sensor
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM slots
- Ratings: P2i nano coating for splash resistance
- Display: 6.39-inch LCD display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 450nits brightness, TÜV Rheinland eye protection certification , Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 665 Mobile Platform with Adreno 610 GPU
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB built-in (depending on model). Expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card (dedicated slot)
- Front camera: 13MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Quad-Rear cameras with LED Flash
- 48MP with Samsung ISOCELL GM2 sensor, F/1.79 Aperture, EIS, PDAF
- 8MP with 120-degree ultra-wide angle lens, 1.12um pixel size
- 2MP depth camera
- 2MP with 2cm macro, F/2.4 Aperture, F/1.75um pixel size
- Battery: 4000mAh (typical) with 18W fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The Redmi Note 8 4GB/64GB price is Rs. 9999 while the 6GB/128GB variant costs Rs. 12,999. It comes in Space Black, Cosmic Purple, Moonlight White and Neptune Blue colors.