Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially unveiled Redmi Note 9 Pro smartphone for global markets. It was first unveiled as Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in India back in March.
The handset sports Aurora Balance design with Glass back and side-mounted fingerprint sensor. It has NFC support and houses dual Nano SIM slots. There is P2i Splash resistant coating as well.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Global variant features in 6.67-inch LCD Dot Display with FHD+ resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio. It has octa-core Snapdragon 720G SoC with 6GB RAM.
The mobile is offered in 64GB and 128GB storage options. There is a dedicated microSD card support for further storage expansion. It has a powerful 5020 mAh battery capacity and supports 30W fast charging.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Global features in 64MP (main) + 8MP (ultra-wide angle) + 5MP (macro) + 2MP (depth) shooters at the back with LED Flash and supports 4K Video recording as well. Selfies are take from 16MP front shooter.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 165.7 × 76.6 × 8.8 mm
- Weight: 209 grams
- SIM: Dual nano SIM support
- Operating System: Android 10 based MIUI 11
- Biometrics: Side mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 6.67-inch multi-touch LCD Dot display with 2400 x 1080 pixels FHD+ resolution at 20:9 aspect ratio, 450nits (typ) brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% (typ) NTSC gamut, Anti-oil/Fingerprint coating, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-Core Snapdragon 720G mobile platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable up to 256GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 16MP (placed inside punch hole) with 1um pixel size
- Rear cameras: Quad-Rear cameras with LED Flash, 10x digital Zoom, PDAF, EIS, 4K video recording
- 64M 1/1.7-inch Samsung GW1 CMOS sensor, F/1.89 Aperture, 1.6um pixels (4-in-1 Super Pixel)
- 8MP Ultra-wide-Angle with 119-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixels
- 5MP Macro with 2cm focus, 1.12um pixels
- 2MP Depth sensor with 1.75um pixels
- Battery: 5020mAh with 30W fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm Audio Jack, NFC
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, E-Compass, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
The Redmi Note 9 Pro 6GB/64GB variant price is $269 (Rs. 20,190 approx.) while 6GB/128GB global model costs $299 (Rs. 22,440 approx.). The smartphone comes in Glacier White, Interstellar Grey and Tropical Green colors.