Along with Redmi Note 9 Pro Global variant, Xiaomi has also announced vanilla Redmi Note 9. It has P2i Splash resistant coating and houses rear mounted fingerprint sensor.
The handset is 8.95mm thick, sports dual Nano SIM slots and supports dual 4G VoLTE. At the front side is a 6.53-inch multi-touch LCD DotDisplay and offers FHD+ resolution. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection as well.
The Redmi Note 9 specs include octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 processor and comes in options of 3GB RAM with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM with 128GB built-in ROM. There is a dedicated MicroSD card slot for further expansion.
There is a punch hole at the front which houses 13MP selfie camera. At the back side are four cameras consisting of 48MP (main) + 8MP (wide-angle) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth) shooters. A 5020mAh battery powers the hardware and supports 18W fast charging.
Redmi Note 9 Specifications
- Dimensions: 162.38 x 77.2 x 8.95 mm
- Weight: 199 grams
- Ratings: P2i Splash resistant coating
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (rear)
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Display: 6.53-inch DotDisplay with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 450nits (typ) brightness, 1500:1 (typ) contrast ratio, 84% (typ) NTSC gamut, TUV Rheinland low blue light certification, Plastic frame, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa-Core MediaTeK Helio G85 processor with ARM Mali-G52 MC2 GPU (1000MHz) and MediaTek HyperEngine
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 13MP (in-display) with 1/3.06-inch Sensor, F/2.25 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size, 74-degree FOV, AI capabilities
- Rear cameras: Quad-rear cameras with LED Flash, 1080p / 720p at 30fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 48MP main with 1/2-inch Sensor, F/1.79 Aperture, 1.6um 4-in-1 Super pixel, 0.8um pixel size, 6P lens, 79.4-degree FOV, Auto Focus
- 8MP ultra-wide angle with 1/4-inch Sensor, F/2.2 Aperture, 118-degree FOV, 1.2um pixel size, 5P lens
- 2MP macro with AF (2cm – 10cm), F/2.4 Aperture, 1.75um pixel size
- 2MP depth snapper with 1/5-inch Sensor, 1.75um pixel size, F/2.4 Aperture, 3P lens, FF
- Audio: 1216 x max 0.5mm high amplitude ultra linear speaker, Smart PA 11V external, Pressure boosted, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 5020mAh (typical) with 18W fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, Acceleration, Gyroscope, Digital Compass, IR Blaster
The Redmi Note 9 3GB/64GB variant price is $199 (Rs. 14,950 approx.) while its 4GB/128GB model costs $249 (Rs. 18,700 approx.). It comes in midnight Grey, Polar White and Forest Green colors.