Samsung has officially launched Galaxy Z Flip 5G flip phone. It is basically Galaxy Z Flip with 5G support and and Snapdragon 865+ SoC inside.
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G comes with a Nano SIM slot and eSIM. It has fingerprint sensor at the side and supports facial recognition. It runs on Android 10 OS with ONE UI 2.0.
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G comes with 6.7-inch Dynami AMOLED Infinity Flex display with 2636 x 1080 pixels resolution at 21.9:9 aspect ratio. There is a secondary 1.1-inch Super AMOLED always on display at the back with 300 x 112 pixels resolution.
Apart from Snapdragon 865+ octa-core SoC, there is 8GB RAM, 256GB ROM and 3300mAh (Typ) dual battery with support for Fast charging via cable and wireless.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G specs include 10MP Front camera with 80-degree FOV and F/2.4 Aperture. At the back side is a dual camera setup of 12MP Main wide-angle with super speed dual pixel AF, OIS, F/1.8 Aperture and 78-degree FOV. It also supports HDR10+ recording and tracking AF. There is a second 12MP ultra-wide camera with 123-degree FOV and F/2.2 Aperture.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G Flip Specifications
- Build: Aluminum and Gorilla Glass
- Dimensions: 167.3 x 73.6 x 6.9 – 7.2 mm (Unfold) / 87.4 x 73.6 x 15.4 (Hinge) – 17.3 mm (Sagging)
- Weight: 183 grams
- Operating System: Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
- SIM: Nano SIM + eSIM
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side mounted), Facial recognition
- 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display with 2636 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21.9:9 aspect ratio, Samsung Ultra Thin glass, 425ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- 1.1-inch Super AMOLED always-on (support) Cover display with 300 x 112 pixels resolution, 303ppi pixel density
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 865+ mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.0 (non expandable)
- Front camera: 10MP dual pixel AF Infinity O camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 80-degree FOV, 1.22um pixel size
- Main camera: 12MP (dual-pixel AF, F/1.8, 78-degree FOV, OIS, 1.4um pixel size) + 12MP (123-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size) dual cameras with LED Flash, OIS, 8x digital zoom, HDR10+ recording, Tracking AF
- Battery: 3300mAh x 2 (dual battery) with support for Quick Charge 15W and 9W Qi Wireless charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 4×4 MIMO, VHT80, ANT+, Bluetooth V5.0 LE, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Digital, Analog, Proximity, RGB Light
- Audio: Mono speaker, Surround sound for Bluetooth and earphones with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus), UHQ 32-bit &DSD64/128 Support, USB Type-C sound by AKG
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G will sell in US for $1450. It will available at AT&T and T-Mobile and comes Mystic Bronze and Mystic Grey colors. Pre-orders in Germany begins today with T-Mobile having price tag of €829 with a monthly plan. Those who pre-order Galaxy Z Flip 5G before August 6 can get limited gift box worth €300.