Just about a week back, specifications and renders of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip surfaced. Now, company has officially announced the smartphone along with its new Galaxy S20 series.
It is an Android 10 powered foldable smartphone with clamshell design and has aluminum and Gorilla Glass built. It has a Nano SIM slots and an eSIM. The handset supports face unlock and packs in fingerprint sensor at the side. The OS has built-in ‘Flex Mode’ that splits the apps in half and puts control on bottom half while making the viewing area for the top.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specs include 6.7-inch main display with Dynamic AMOLED panel and FHD+ resolution at 21.9:9 aspect ratio. Samsung calls it as Infinity Flex display and features in company’s very own bendable Ultra-Thing Glass (UTG). Company claims it to last for more than 200000 folds. There is an external, or you might call it as a cover display, 1.1-inch Super AMOLED screen with 300 x 112 pixels resolution. It is mainly used to show notifications.
The handset packs in two 3300mAh battery and supports fast charging. Inside you get octa-core Snapdragon 855+ SoC with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM. Optics are handled by 12MP (wide-angle) + 12MP (ultra-wide-angle) dual rear shooters while the selfies are taken from 10MP front camera.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specifications
- Build: Aluminum and Gorilla Glass
- Dimensions: 167.9 x 73.6 x 6.9 – 7.2 mm (Unfold) / 87.4 x 73.6 x 15.4 – 17.3 mm (Folded)
- Weight: 183 grams
- Operating System: Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
- SIM: Nano SIM + eSIM
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side mounted), Facial recognition
- 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display with 2636 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21.9:9 aspect ratio, Samsung Ultra Thin glass, 425ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- 1.1-inch Super AMOLED always-on (support) Cover display with 300 x 112 pixels resolution, 303ppi pixel density
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 855+ mobile platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.0 (non expandable)
- Front camera: 10MP dual pixel AF Infinity O camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 80-degree FOV, 1.22um pixel size
- Main camera: 12MP (dual-pixel AF, F/1.8, 78-degree FOV, OIS, 1.4um pixel size) + 12MP (123-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size)dual cameras with LED Flash, OIS
- Battery: 3300mAh x 2 (dual battery) with support for Quick Charge 15W and 9W Qi Wireless charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, , ANT+, Bluetooth V5.0 LE, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Digital, Analog, Proximity, RGB Light
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip price is US$ 1380 (rs. 98,400 approx.) and comes in Mirror Purple and Mirror Black colors. There is a limited edition Mirror Gold variants for select markets. The smartphone will be available in USA and Korea from February 14th. It will launch soon in other markets as well, including India.
UPDATE: Samsung Electronics and New York’s Iconic fashion brand Thom Browne have unveiled Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition. It was created for those who are not afraid to make a statement.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Thom Brown Edition features in distinctive Thom Browne signature brand color on a pebble grey exterior, pulled right from the runway. It comes with custom designed Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Watch Active2.
The Thom Brown Edition of Galaxy Z Flip will be available in limited quantity. Pre-orders for this particular variant will begin on February 14th at Samsung.com, Thombrowne.com. NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER. It will be available in select markets only with its official launch dated in March.