Sony PlayStation fans gets a treat as company releases specs sheet of upcoming PlayStation 5 gaming console.
For starters, it will come with octa-core AMD Ryzen CPU based on Zen2 architecture. It will offer variable clock speeds up to 3.5GHz. As far as GPU goes, gaming console will uses RDNA2 based Graphics Engine with custom 36 compute units.
The Sony PS5 will also offer 825GB NVMe based SSD storage which is connected with main processor using 4-lane PCI Express 4.0 interconnect. There is 16GB RAM as well.
Sony PlayStation 5 Specifications
- CPU: X86-64 AMD Ryzen Zen2 (8 Cores / 16 Thread), Variable frequency up to 3.5GHz
- GPU: AMD Radeon RDNA-2 based graphics engine with Ray Tracing Acceleration. Variable frequency up to 2.23GHz (10.3 TFLOPS)
- Memory: 16GB (GDDR6) with 448GB/s Bandwidth
- SSD: Custom 825GB NVMe SSD with 5.5GB/s Read Bandwidth (RAW), NVMe slot for expanding storage
- Disc: Ultra HD Blu-ray (up to 100GB/disc)
- Video out: Supports 4K 120Hz TV’s, 8K TV’s, VRR (Specified by HDMI V2.1)
- Audio: “Tempest” 3D AudioTech
- Compatibility: Backwards with PlayStation 4