Xiaomi, as promised has started rolling out MIUI 8 ROM’s OTA update for select smartphone. These eligible phone include Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G.
Select users with Redmi Note 2 and Redmi 2 will get OTA update of MIUI 8 ROM on August 23, while most will get it by August 25, 2016. Moreover, Xiaomi has also released a list of supported phones eligible for MIUI8 Global Stable ROM.
These phones include – Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S/Prime, Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi Max 32GB
MIUI 8 Key Features –
- Create scrolling screenshots – an amazing way to share information
- Calculate and convert almost anything with the redesigned Calculator
- Quick ball – the ultimate one-handed control tool
- Personalize your notes with beautiful templates
- Get your photos sorted for you with all-new Gallery
- Dual Apps – create and sign into dual accounts for any app, including WhatsApp, Facebook and more.
- Second space – perfect for times when you need a clear separation in your life
- Video Editing -spice up your videos with filters, text and background music
- Caller ID – automatically identify incoming numbers or find popular numbers when dialing out (India only)
- Hindi T9 – find contacts easily with T9 dialer search (India only)
- Enhanced SMS – SMS accounts of popular businesses now display logos and company names (India only)
Xiaomi, at MIUI forums
Today we are really excited to announce that MIUI 8 global stable build is now rolling out! From now on, many of you should be able to progressively receive the update over-the-air (OTA) on your phones via the ‘Updater’ app. If you cannot wait, you can download the ROM packages
Source (with download links for MIUI 8 Stable ROM).