Intel has upped the game in enthusiast desktop processor segment with its new Core X-Series processors. Along with it, Intel has also unveiled Core i9 series processor.
Starting with the Core i9-7900X processor, it has a total of 10 cores with 20 threads (with HT). Its base clock speed is set at 3.3GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4.3GHz and up to 4.5GHz Turbo Boost 3.0 clock speed. It supports four channel DDR4-2666, has 13.75MB L3 cache, 44 PCIe 3.0 lanes and 140W TDP.
There other member in Intel Core i9 series include Core i9-7920X, i9-7940X, i9-7960X and i9-7980XE. They have 12/24, 14/28, 16/32, 18/36 core/thread counts. Intel has yet to share more details on these processors.
The Core i7-7820X comes with 8 cores and 16 threads (with HT). Its base clock speed is 3.6GHz, up to 4.3GHz on Turbo Boost and 4.5GHz clock speed with Intel Turbo Boost 3.0. It has 140W TDP, supports four-channel DDR4-2666, 11MB L3 cache and 28 PCIe 3.0 Lanes.
The Intel Core i7-7740X falls under Skylake-X series and has TDP of 14W. It consists of 4 cores / 8 threads with clock speeds at 4.3GHz (turbo boost up to 4.5GHz). It supports two-channel DDR4-2666 memory, has 8MB L3 cache and 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes.
The Core i5-7640X has 4GHz quad cores with 4 threads that Turbo Boosts up to 4.5GHz. It has 6MB L3 cache, 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes, 112W TDP and supports two-channel DDR4-2666 memory.
- Intel Core i9- 7900X X-series : $999
- Intel Core i9- 7920X X-series : $1199
- Intel Core i9- 7940X X-series : $1399
- Intel Core i9- 7960X X-Series : $1699
- Intel Core i9- 7980XE X-series : $1999
- Intel Core i7- 7820X X-series : $599
- Intel Core i7- 7800X X-series : $389
- Intel Core i7- 7740X X-series : $399
- Intel Core i5- 7640X X-series : $242