MediaTek unveiled its Dimensity 9000 SoC back in November. Today, it has announced its latest flagship SoC called MediaTek Dimensity 9000+.
The Dimensity 9000+ chipset is based on TSMC 4nm process technology. It has total of eight CPU cores which includes one Cortex X2 Ultra core clocked at 3.25GHz, three Cortex-A710 Super cores with 285GHz clock speeds and four 1.8GHz Cortex-A510 efficiency cores.
It comes with a boosted ARM Mali-G710 MC10 GPU. Statistically, the Dimensity 9000+ offers 5% CPU boost and 10% enhanced Graphic performance. It has support for LPDDR5X RAM (up to 7500mbps) which is 20% more efficient than standard LPDDR5.
The MediaTek Imagiq 790 on the chipet is a flagship 18-bit HDR-ISP that can record HDR video on three cameras simultaneously. It has incredibly power 9Gpixel/s ISP and supports 320MP camera for smartphones.
The Dimensity 9000 Plus has MediaTek APU 590 which is a 5th Generation Ai Engine. It offers up to 4X power efficiency. The MediaTek MiraVision 790 brings latest HDR support. The SoC can easily handle WQHD+ resolution at 144Hz refresh rate and 1080p+ at 180Hz. It has support for Wi-Fi Display up to 4K60 HDR10+.
MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ specifications
- Process: TSMC N4 (4nm-class)
- CPU 3.2GHz Cotex-X2 x 1 + up to 2.85GHz Cortex-A710 x 3 + Cortex-A10 x 4
- GPU: ARM Mali-G710 MC10 GPU (with MediaTek HyperEngine 5.0)
- APU: MediaTek APU 590
- Display: 144Hz WQHD+ / 180Hz FullHD+, MediaTek Intelligent Display Sync 2.0, MediaTek MiraVision 790
- Memory: LPDDR5X (up to 7500Mbps)
- Camera: MediaTek Imagiq 790, 18-bit HDR-ISP Fusion up to 9Gpixel/s, Up to 320MP primary camera, 3-exposure HDR Videography
- Audio: Bluetooth LE audio-ready technology with Dual-Link True Wireless Stereo Audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E 2×2 (BW160) and Bluetooth V5.0, Wi-Fi / Bluetooth hybrid coexistence design
- Modem: 3GPP Release 16 5G modem, 5G NR 3CC Carrier Aggregation (300MHz) up to 7Gbps, Mediatek UltraSave 2.0, R16 UL Tx Switching from both SUL and NR UL-CA based connection, Dual SIM, Dual 4G/5G Active (DR-DSDA)
- Customization: Dimensity 5G Open Resource Architecture ready
The Dimensity 9000+ SoC is expected to make into smartphones in Q3 2022.