We already know that HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC is in the works. Today, a Weibo user has shared some specs of SoC.
According to the screenshots, Kirin 970 is an octa-core 64-bit chipset consisting of four 2.8GHz Cortex-A73 cores and four Cortex-A53 cores (unknown GHz).
It has Mali-G72 MP8 GPU for the graphics. Additionally, it will support LPDDR4 memory which a maximum frequency of 1866 MHz. The chipset is manufactured using TSMC 10nm process technology.
If you are loking at Connectivity features, the Kirin 970 comes with LTE modem and will reach Cat.12 speeds. Usual options like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth V4.2 and GPS is supported as well.
- Dual SIM LTE
- 10nm TSMC process technology
- Octa-cores (four x 2.8GHz Cortex-A73 + four Cortex-A53)
- Gali-G72 MP8 GPU
- 64-bit ARMv8-A architecture
- LPDDR4 RAM (maximum frequency of 1866MHz)
- LTE Modem with Cat.12 protocol
- HSPA+, CDMA, GSM/EDGE
- Up to 42MP (Dual ISP)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V4.2
HiSilicon Kirin 970 is expected to feature in Huawei Mate 10 which is expected to arrive on October 16th.