Qualcomm has announce two new processors for Internet of Things (IoT) and they are called Snapdragon 600E and Snapdragon 410E.
These processors can be used for embedded applications in many verticals like digital signage, set-top-boxes, medical imaging, point of sale systems, industrial robotics and other Internet of Things (IoT) related applications.
Snapdragon 600E Specifications
- Package: 23 x 23 mm (784 BGA, 0.8mm pitch) RoHS compliant
- CPU: up to 1.5GHz (per core) quad-core Krait 300 CPU
- GPU: Adreno 320 GPU (400MHz) with OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0, Open CL 1.1, WebGL 1.0, OpenVG 1.1, Renderscript Compute, FlexRender technology and DirectX 9.3
- Memory: DDR3 / DDR3L dual-channel 533 MHz
- Storage: EMMC 4.51, SATA3, SDIO 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Display Support: Up to 2048 x 1536 display via 4-lane DSI, 1080p external display, integrated HDMI, 720p Miracast support
- Camera Support: Integrated ISP support up to 21MP and Stereoscopic 3D
- Operating System: Android and Linux
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2×2 dual-band 2.4GHz / 5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth V4.0 LE, Bluetooth 3.x
- Multimedia: 1080p HD (MPEG-4, MPEG-2, H.264, DivX, VC-1, WMV-9), H.264 playback and capture, Dolby 7.1 surround sound with Digital Plus audio
- Security: Qualcomm SecureMSM foundation, with secure boot process and Qualcomm Secure Execution Environment with ARM Trust Zone technology
Snapdragon 410E Specifications
- Package: 12mm x 14mm (760NSP, 0.4mm pitch)
- CPU: up to 1.2GHz (per core) quad ARM Cortex A53 with both 32-bit and 64-bit support
- GPU: Adreno 306 GPU @ 400MHz
- Memory: LPDDR2/3 (533MHz) single channel
- Storage: SDIO 3.0 (UHS-I), eMMC 4.5
- Display Support: 1920 x 1200, 1080p external displays support, 720p Miracast support
- Camera Support: Integrated ISP support up to 13MP
- Operating System: Android, Windows 10 and Linux
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth V4.1 LE, GPS
- Multimedia: 1080p HD at 30fps, H.264 Playback and capture, Dolby 5.1 surround sound with DTS
- Security: Qualcomm Snapdragon StudioAccess technology, Qualcomm SecureMSM platform
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600E and Snapdragon 410E processors are being made available globally by third party distributors, initially through Arrow Electronics.
David West, senior vice president, Arrow Electronics –
The introduction of Snapdragon 600E and 410E offers a broad range of product options. Arrow looks forward to offering Qualcomm Technologies’ Snapdragon processors and complementing them with the full range of parts and engineering services we can offer to help customers through commercialization.
Raj Talluri, senior vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. –
Snapdragon is a powerful and versatile processor with many potential applications in a wide variety of IoT applications and we can now offer this technology to a much wider range of customers with the additional benefit of long-term support and availability. The Snapdragon 600E and 410E bring together some of our best connectivity and compute technologies to meet the needs for a large range of embedded and IoT applications.