Qualcomm has announced Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform processor at 2017 4G/5G Summit. It is an upgraded version of Snapdragon 630, which was introduced earlier this year.
It consists of up to 1.8GHz Kyro 260 cores x 8 which are manufactured using 14nm FinFet Process. It also includes Adreno 509 GPU which is said to offer 10% improved performance than Adreno 508. Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 is also include.
The Snapdragon 636 supports 18:9 displays with up to 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution (Full HD+). It can also handle a single 24MP shooter or up to 16MP dual cameras. The SoC also integrates X12 LTE, Qualcomm All Mode and supports seven cellular modes.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform – Key Features
- up to 1.8GHz octa-core Kyro 260 CPU based on 64-Bit Architecture
- 14nm FinFet process technology
- Qualcomm Adreno 509 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan, DX12
- Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP with Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 8GB LPDDR4 Dual-Channel Memory
- eMMC, UFS, USB 3.1
- supports 18:9 displays with 2160 x 1080 pixels Full HD+ resolution
- Up to 24MP single camera or up to 16MP dual cameras with Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP. Supports Hybrid Auto Focus, Optical Zoom, Zero Shutter Lag, Clear Sight
- Up to 1080p at 120fps, Up to 4K video at 30 Fps, up to 4K Ultra HD video playback
- H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8 codecs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X12 LTE Modem (Cat12 downlink / Cat13 uplink)
- 3×20 MHz carrier aggregation with up to 256-QAM
- 2×20 MHz carrier aggregation with up to 64-QAM, Qualcomm Snapdragon Upload+
- LTE Dual SIM with next-generation Calling Service
- VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, VoWiFi with LTE call continuity, HD & Ultra HD Voice (EVS)
- Snapdragon All Mode, FDD-LTE, TDD-LTE, LTE Broadcast, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE
- Qualcomm AptX Codec technology, Aqstic audio technology (Dynamic range: 130db / THD+N: -109dB / PCM up to 192kHz/24bit)
- Hexagon 680 DSP with Qualcomm All-Ways Aware Technology, Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine SDK and Caffe/Caffe2 and Tensorflow support
- Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 1×1, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 Technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform will start shipping in November 2017.