Qualcomm has announced Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform at the second day of annual Snapdragon Technology summit. It is manufactured using 2nd generation 10LPP process by Samsung.
It has eight Kryo 385 cores built on ARM’s DynamiQ CPU cluster organization. It offers 25% better performance in gaming, improved application launch times and its performance. It supports dual-channel LPDDR4X 1866MHz memory.
The SoC is capable of handling two 16MP cameras or up to a single 32MP shooter. It record 4K Ultra HD videos at 60fps.
- Dual SIM, Dual VOLTE (DSDV)
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU) with Fingerprint / Iris / Voice / Face etc. Biometric Authentication, User and app data protection, Integrated use-cases such as integrated SIM, Payments etc
- Supports up to 4K Ultra HD resolution displays, Two 2400 x 2400 x 120fps (VR) and 10bit color depth
- X20 Cellular Modem with 1.2Gbps peak download speed and 150Mbps peak upload speed
- Up to 2.8GHz x 8 Kryo 385 CPU cores
- Adreno 630 (including GPU/VPU/DPU) with room-scale 6DoF with
- Hexagon 685 DSP with Hexagon Vector DSP (HVX) for AI and imaging, 3rd Gen Always aware Sensor Hub, Hexagon scalar DSP for audio, Open Neural Network exchange (NNX) and Tensorflow Lite
- LPDDR4X (1866MHz) dual-channel memory
- Spectra 280 camera – supports up to 16MP dual cameras or up to 32MP single camera, Dual 14-bit ISP, Hybrid Auto Focus, Hardware Accelerated Face Detection, Multi-frame Noise reduction, Active depth sensing and HDR Video recording
- Support 4K Ultra HD at 60 Fps video recording and playback. Also supports HDR 10, HLG, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, Moion compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF), Slow Motion video capture (720p at 480fps)
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi 802.11ad multi-gigabit, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 with MU-MIMO, 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual band at 60GHz
- Qualcomm Aqstic Audio codec and speaker amplifier, aptX audio playback with support for aptX Classic and HD, Native DSD support, PCM up to 384KHz/32bit
- TruSignal Adaptive antenna tuning, High-power transmit
- Bluetooth V5.0
- Supports up to 8 satellites which include GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS. Also supports Low Power Geofencing and tracking, sensor assisted navigation
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4/4+ technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform powered mobile devices like smartphones, XR Headsets and connected PC’s will be avail in early 2018. Xiaomi’s next flagship will be powered by Snapdragon 845.