Western Digital, a well known company for its storage devices has introduced new Gaming SSD called Black 3D NVMe SSD. It based on company’s own SSD architecture and controller.
It comes in 250GB / 500GB / 1TB storage capacities. It uses 3D NAND technology and offers sequential read and write speeds up to 3400 / 2800 MB/s for gaming, video editing, virtual reality etc. It offers low latency, power efficiency and is compatible with growing range of applications benefiting from NVMe.
The Western Digital Black 3D NVMe SSD features in innovative power management and thermal throttling that keeps the device cool and delivers smooth and fast performance.
- Dimensions: 80 x 22 mm
- Capacity: 250GB / 500GB / 1TB
- Form Factor: M.2 2280 / PCIe Gen3 x4 Interface
- Sequential Read / Write:
- 250GB: up to 3000 MB/s Read and up to 1600 MB/s Write
- 500GB: up to 3400 MB/s Read and up to 2500 MB/s Write
- 1TB: up to 3400 MB/s Read and up to 2800 MB/s Write
- Random Read / Write:
- 256GB: Up to 220,000 IOPS Read and Up to 170,000 IOPS Write
- 500GB: Up to 410,000 IOPS Read and Up to 330,000 IOPS Write
- 1TB: Up to 500,000 IOPS Read and Up to 400,000 IOPS Write
- Reliability: MTTF – 1.75M hours. Certified by WD F.I.T. Lab for compatibility with wide range of high-performance PC configurations.
The Western Digital Black 3D NVMe SSD price starts at US$ 119.99 for 250GB, US$ 229.99 for 500GB and US$ 449.99 for 1TB models. These SSD’s come with 5 year limited warranty and are up for pre-order. The new drives will be available by late April 2018 in select Western Digital retailers, e-tailers, resellers, system integrator and distributors globally.
Mark Grace, Senior Vice President, Devices Business Unit, Western Digital. said –
Today’s gaming applications require increasing capability from their PCs, and this will only continue to advance. With our new architecture and controller, the Western Digital Black SSD integrates our 3D NAND technology with the NVMe interface to enable new levels of performance. Whether it’s a new gaming rig or a video-editing workstation, our innovative NVMe drives will power many existing and future environments that enable data to thrive