Xiaomi has unveiled its latest flagship smartphone called Mi 11. It comes with an impressive specs sheet.
For starters, the Xiaomi Mi 11 features in octa-core Snapdragon 888 mobile platform which is claimed to offer 25% faster performance, 35% fast rendering and 73% faster AI computing power than its predecessor. The Chipset includes Adreno 660 GPU which gives more than 35% performance improvements.
The cell phone houses VC LiquidCool technology which helps reduce the thermals. The MI 11 comes in options of 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage space while its premium variant of MI 11 has 12GB RAM with 256GB storage. (all models have LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage).
The Mi 11 specs include 6.81-inch quad-cured E4 AMOLED DotDisplay offering 3200 x 1440 pixels 2K resolution. It offers up to 120Hz refresh rate and up to 480Hz touch sampling rate. There support for HDR10+, MEMC motion compensation and comes with A+ rating from DisplayMate. Moreover, it has 0.38 JNCD and uses Mi’s very own calibration algorithm. For scratch resistance, Xiaomi has included Corning Gorilla Glass Victus on top.
The cellphone is fueled by 4600mAh battery capacity. It supports 55W wired flash charging and 50W wireless flash charging. As per company’s claims, the Mi 11 fully charges to 100% in just 45 minutes using wired charging, while with wireless charging, it takes about 53 minutes.
Notably, there is a Mi 11 Mainland China standard version which will lack an in-box charger. There is a bundled version as well which includes 55W GaN charger. Both variants have the same price-tag.
In terms of optics, Mi 11 features in 108MP main custom outsole lens along with 13MP ultra-wide angle lens and 5MP telephoto macro lens at the back. Along with it is LED Flash and light sensor. At the front side is 20MP ultra-clear camera for selfies and video calling.
Other features of Mi 11 include dual Nano SIM slots with 5G SA/NSA support and Dual 4G VoLTE. The mobile boots on Android 11 based MIUI 12 and houses In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring support.
Xiaomi Mi 11 – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.06 mm (glass) / 8.56 mm (leather)
- Weight: 196 grams (glass) / 194 grams (leather)
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Operating System: Android 11 based MIUI 12
- Biometrics: In-display Fingerprint sensor with Heart rate detection and dark light unlock
- Display: 6.81-inch AMOLED four-curved flexible screen with 3200 x 1440 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 515ppi pixel density, 360° photosensitive sunshine screen 3.0, 10bit primary colors, HDR10+, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 900nits (typical) / 1500nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, MEMC, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 888 mobile platform with Adreno 660 GPU (840MHz) and 6th Generation AI Engine
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 (3200MHz 6400Mbps)
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1
- Front camera: 20MP ultra-clear camera with F/2.4 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 1080p video at 30/60fps, 720p slow-motion at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, 8K video at 24/30fps, 4K at 30/60fps, 1080p at 30/60fps, slow-motion video at 120/240/480fps
- 108MP ultra-clear main camera with 1/1.33-inch large samsung sensor, 4-in1 1.6um large pixel, 7P lens, F/1.85 aperture
- 13MP with 123-degree super wide-angle lens, F/2.4 Aperture
- 5MP 50mm tele-macro lens with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4500mAh (minimum) / 4600mAh (typical) with 55W wired Quick Charge 4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0 fast charging. Supports 50W wireless fast charging and 10W wireless reverse charging
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz), supports 2×2 MIMO, 8×8 sounding for MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi Directo, Bluetooth V5.2, Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo plus, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS (l1+l5) / GLONASS (G1) / Beidou (B1l + B1C + B2a) / Galileo (E1+E5a) / QZSS (L1+L5) / NavIC L / 5AGPS assisted positioning
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance sensor, Ambient light, accelerometer, gyroscope, e-compass, X-axis linear motor, Infrared remote control, Grip sensor
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Dual Speakers, Sound by Harman Kardon, Hi-Res audio
The Xiaomi Mi 11 color options include Midnight Gray, Frost White, Horizon Blue shades, all with Anti-glare frosted glass back. The mobile also comes in Lilac Purple and Hone Beige colors, both with Vegan leather finishing.
Xiaomi Mi 11 price
- Xiaomi Mi 11 with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage: 3999 Yuan ($ 611 / Rs. 44,980 approx.) / €749 (US$ 900 / Rs. 65,700 approx.)
- Xiaomi Mi 11 with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage: 4299 Yuan ($658 / Rs. 48,350 approx.) / €799 (US$ 960 / Rs. 70,100 approx.)
- Xiaomi Mi 11 with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage: 4699 Yuan ($718 / Rs. 52,850 approx.)
The Xiaomi Mi 11 pre-orders have already commenced in China, with selling slated to start from January 1st.
Update: Xiaomi Mi 11 has been launched globally. It comes in 8GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB options. The smartphone will sell at Xiaomi’s official sales channels and at carrier partners across Europe starting February 2021. Company is offering 2-years warranty and 1-year free replacement. Xiaomi has also confirmed that it will introduce Mi 11 Special Edition (with color-shifting back) in limited numbers.