MediaTek took to Computex 2019 where it has announced its first and latest ‘MediaTek 5G SoC’. It comes bundled with MediaTek Helio M70 5G modem.
The MediaTek 5G Chipset is aimed for premium smartphones. It is based on 7nm FinFET process which is world’s first. It features ARM’s latest and fastest Cortex-A77 CPU and Mali-G77 GPU class hardware.
It also includes APU 3.0, MediaTek’s fastest ever AI processing unit. The CPU, GPU, APU and Helio M70 model all are packaged on a single 7nm FinFET SoC.
- Helio M70 5G modem built-in: The MediaTek-designed Helio M70 5G modem is fully integrated into the SoC for maximum performance and power-efficiency.
- New AI architecture: Featuring an all new AI processing unit that supports next-gen AI applications and AI-camera enhancements. It can easily handle imaging like de-blur to capture awesome photos when subjects are moving fast
- Innovative 7nm FinFET: World’s first 5G SoC built on the cutting-edge 7nm production process for big energy savings in the most compact package.
- Latest CPU technology: Using the just announced, new Arm Cortex-A77 CPU it’s a true performance powerhouse.
- State-of-the-art GPU: Using the just announced, new Arm Mali-G77 GPU it enables incredible streaming and gaming experiences.
- Speedy throughput: A peak 5G throughput of 4.7Gps download (sub-6GHz) and New Radio (NR) 2 Component Carrier (CC) support. Supports both non-standalone (NSA) and standalone (SA) 5G network architectures.
- Powerful Multimedia & Imaging performance: Supports 4K video encode/decode at 60fps and super high-resolution cameras (80MP).
- Power Efficient: Intelligent power savings and comprehensive power management throughout so you get maximum performance and battery life.
- Multi-mode support: 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G-enabled with dynamic bandwidth switching technology for the best connectivity based on environment and user needs.
Companies collaborating with MediaTek on RF technology include Oppo, Vivo and top tier RF suppliers like Skyworks, Qorvo, and muRata, designing the front-end module that can accommodate 5G and still keep the device slim and stylish.