MediaTek expands its Dimensity 1000 Series SoC range with two new chipsets. The lineup now includes newly announced Dimensity 1100 and Dimensity 1200 SoC’s.
Both MediaTek Dimensity 1100 / 1200 SoC have an integrated 5G modem and leverages MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave technology for optimum power saving. Both of these chipsets have support for 2G to 5G networks, including latest 5G Standalone and 5G non-standalone architectures.
They have 5G carrier aggregation (2CC) across frequency division duplex (FDD) and time division duplex (TDD), dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G SA) and Voice over New Radio (VoNR). The Dimensity 1100 and Dimensity 1200 have 5G HSR Mode and 5G Elevator Mode enhancements for reliable 5G connectivity.
The premium one which is Dimensity 1200 SoC supports 2000MP photos for stunning photography thanks to its 5-core HDR-IPS. It can capture 4K HDR at a greater dynamic range. It also includes updated MediaTek’s Hexa-core AI Processor (MediaTek APU 3.0) which is an enhanced Multi-task scheduler for reduced latency and power efficiency.
The Dimensity 1100 Chipset can handle 108MP camera and integrates same MediaTek APU 3.0. Both SoC support several camera enhancements like AI-Panorama, Night Shot, AI Multi-person Bokeh, AI Noise reduction (AINR) and HDR.
The MediaTek Dimensity 1200 supports up to 168Hz refresh rates at FHD+ resolution. The Dimensity 1100 can handle 144Hz refresh rate. At QHD+ screens, these can deliver 90Hz refresh rates. Both SoC’s have HyperEngine 3.0 gaming technology and supports multi-touch boost touchscreen responsiveness.
The Dimensity 1200 has an octa-core design consisting of single ARM Cortex-A78 core at 3GHz for extreme performance, three Cortex-A78 cores for optimum performance and four Cortex-A55 efficiency cores. The Dimensity 1100 features in four Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.6GHz and four Cortex-55 efficiency cores. These are paired with ARM Mali-G77 GPU.
Dimensity 1200 has already received TÜV Rheinland certification for its 5G performance, with tests covering 72 real-world scenarios. The certification verifies that the chipset provides reliable, high-performance 5G connectivity and offers users high-quality 5G experiences across a wide variety of scenarios.
MediaTek Dimensity 1000C specifications
- Process: 6nm TSMC
- Display: Up to 2520 x 1080 pixels Full HD+ resolution at 21:9 aspect ratio, 144Hz (Dimensity 1100) / 168Hz (Dimensity 1200) refresh rate. Both 90Hz refresh rate at QHD+ resolution
- Dimensity 1100: 2.6GHz Cortex-A78 x 4 + 2GHz Cortex-A55 x 4
- Dimensity 1200: 3GHz Cortex-A78 x 1 + 2.6Ghz Cortex-A78 x 3 + 2GHz Cortex-A55 x 4
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Video encoding: H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- Video playback: H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1
- Memory: Up to 16GB, 2X LPDDR4X (4266Mbps max frequency), UFS 3.1 class storage
- Max camera ISP: 108MP (Dimensity 1100) – 200MP (Dimensity 1200) / 32MP+16MP
- Max video capture resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Camera features: HDR-ISP (3+2) / Video HDR / Video NR / Video Bokeh / Video EIS / AI-Shutter / AI-3A / AI-NR / AI-HDR / AI-FD
- Cellular Technologies: 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-Mode, 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A(SRLTE), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Specific functions: SA & NSA modes; SA Option 2, NSA Option 3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 120 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Peak download / Upload: 4.7Gbps Download / 2.5Gbps Upload
- Wi-Fi Antenna: 2T2R
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: V5.2
- FM Radio: Yes
- GPS: Dual-Band L1+L5 / GNSS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo
Many OEMs, including Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO and realme, expressed support for MediaTek’s new Dimensity chip. The first devices with the new MediaTek Dimensity 1200 and 1100 chipsets are expected to hit the market at the end of Q1 and beginning of Q2 this year.
Other industry collaborators and supporters of the new MediaTek 5G chipsets include Arm, China Mobile, Tetras.AI, ArcSoft and Tencent Games.