The chipset comes with integrated 5G modem. It is a single chip solution which offers unrivaled combination of connectivity, multimedia, AI and imaging innovations packed inside 7nm chip.
The Dimensity 800 supports 5G with two carrier aggregation (2CC CA) for 30% wider high speed layer coverage. It also offers higher average throughput performance compared to other solutions.
The SoC also supports both stand alone and non-standalone sub-6GHz networks along with multi-mode support for every cellular connectivity generation from 2G to 5G.
It has Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) and include services like Voice over New Radio (VoNR). It supports both data and voice on 5G. The SoC sports a compact design and offers significant power saving.
The Dimensity 800 5G SoC houses four A76 cores and four A55 power-efficient cores. It is perfect for launching demanding gaming applications with significant improvement to multi-tread performance.
MediaTek Dimensity 800 Key specifications
- Cores: Octa-Cores (2GHz Cortex-A76 Performance x 4 + 2GHz Cortex-A55 Power-efficient x 4)
- GPU: Four cores of Dimensity 1000-class GPU IP. Comes with MediaTek Gaming technology – HyperEngine
- MediaTek APU 3.0 AI Processing Unit: Provides up to 2.4TOPs performance. Efficient MediaTek APU HW design which is more efficient and powerful for FP16 for precise AI camera results
- Imaging: Flagship class Image Signal Processor (ISP) with support for four concurrent cameras. Supports up to 64MP camera sensors or large multi-camer options like 32MP + 16MP dual shooters that are backed by the ultra-efficient hardware depth engine
- Premium AI Camera Enhancements: Includes AI-Autofocus, Auto Exposure, Auto White Balance, Noise Reduction, AI HDR, Dedicated Facial detection hardware, World’s first multi-frame 4K video HDR capability
- Display: supports Full HD+ displays with up to 90Hz refresh rate
The MediaTek Dimensity 800 Series SoC is expected to power smartphones in H1, 2020.