MediaTek has announced a new 5G chipset under its Dimensity lineup. The SoC is dubbed as Dimensity 900.
The MediaTek Dimensity 900 5G SoC is based on TSMC’s 6nm process technology. It has True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G SA) support thanks to its 5G New Radio (NR) sub-6GHz modem. It has carrier aggregation, VoNR and support for bandwidth up to 120MHz.
The SoC houses eight cores consisting of two 2.8GHz Cortex-A78 cores and six 2GHz Cortex-A55 cores. These are paired with ARM Mali-G68 MC4 GPU and AI processing unit (APU).
The MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC leverages MediaTek’s Imagiq 5.0 tech, which HDR-native image signal processor and unique hardware accelerated 4K HDR video recording engine. The chipset can also handle four concurrent cameras and up to 108MP sensor.
MediaTek’s MiraVision offers upgraded video capabilities ranging from SDR to HDR and delivers real-time enhancement of HDR10+ video playback. Its built-in premium AI camera enhancements are added bonus.
MediaTek Dimensity 900 specifications and features
- Process: 6nm TSMC
- Premium Tech: Packed with the latest high performance CPU, memory and storage technologies to give users flagship-grade experiences
- Octa-core with Arm Cortex-A78 cores up to 2.4GHz (2.4GHz Cortex-A78 x 2 + 2GHz Cortex-A55 x 6)
- Ultra-fast LPDDR5 memory (LPDDR4X, LPDDR5)
- Fastest UFS 2.1 / UFS 2.2 / UFS 3.1
- Exceptionally Power-efficient: MediaTek’s chip and its array of technologies inside are all optimized for exceptional power efficiency.
- Ultra-efficient 6nm chip – 8% more power efficient than equivalent 7nm
- All-in-one: Fully integrated 5G modem & Wi-Fi connectivity
- Exclusive MediaTek 5G UltraSave technologies
- Efficiency-optimized Arm Mali-G68 GPU
- 4K HDR Video Playback & Display: MediaTek’s display and video technologies bring cinema-grade visual experiences to the small screen.
- Smooth 120Hz FullHD+ displays (2520 x 1080 pixels FHD+, 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate)
- Real-time HDR composer (SDR to HDR)
- HDR10 content upgraded to HDR10+ -like in real-time
- Enhanced HDR10+ video playback with per-frame local tone mapping
- 4K HDR Video Capture Hardware: Unique in-chip camera hardware that assures photo and video captures are always impressive, whether shooting during the day or at night.
- Camera: 20MP + 20MP / 108MP (max Camera ISP) with max 3840 x 2160 pixels Video capture
- Hardware-accelerated 4K HDR video capture engine
- Excellent noise reduction combining 3DNR + MFNR
- 108MP camera support
- 3X HDR-ISP, MFNR, 3DNR, AINR, Hardware Depth Engine, Warping Engine
- Video playback / Encode: H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1 / H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- Faster 5G: The industry’s most capable 5G-integrated modem gives you incredible connected experiences, every day.
- Up to 2CC CA covering 120MHz spectrum, 20% faster than competitor CA
- Reliable 5G that reaches further: Mixed duplex FDD+TDD CA
- True Dual 5G SIM (Standalone + Standalone)
- Latest VoNR services
- Modem features: True Dual 5G SIM (5G SA + 5G SA) modes; SA Option2, NSA Option3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Bringing Wi-Fi 6 to the Mid-Range: We’re enabling mid-range smartphones with the latest Wi-Fi 6 connectivity.
- Faster Wi-Fi 6 (a/b/g/n/ac/ax),with better signal quality from 2×2 antenna
- Fully integrated connectivity gives compact platform and better efficiency
- Bluetooth V5.2
- GPS L1CA+L5 / BeiDou B1I+ B2a / Glonass L1OF / Galileo E1 + E5a / QZSS L1CA+ L5 / NavIC
Mobile phones powered by MediaTek Dimensity 900 are expected sometime in Q2 2021.