MediaTek unveiled its newest gaming focus chipset for smartphones called MediaTek Helio G95. It is newest member in company’s G Series lineup which brings support for MediaTek Hyper Engine game technology, multi-cameras, AI Super Resolution for video streams and optimum connectivity.
The MediaTek Helio G90 features in two ARM Cortex-A76 CPU cores clocked at 2.05GHz and six Cortex-A55 power efficient cores with 2GHz clock speeds. It has new ARM Mali-G76 MC4 GPU which operates at up to 900MHz for advanced single and multi-core performance. It has support for FHD+ resolution and 90Fps displays.
Additionally, it has ultra-low power, always-on DSP that supports dual wake-up word detection for seamless concurrence between two parallel voice wakeup (VoW) functions. Its ultra-low power DSP minimizes power consumption for applications like Google Assistant and supports multiple keyword triggers.
The MediaTek Helio G90 delivers AI Super Resolution display for optimum video streaming and video calling. It has support for streaming platforms like Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hotstar. It has handle video qualities ranging from 360p to 720p HD in real time and reduces network bandwidth utilization by up to 75% with any noticeable difference in quality.
MediaTek Helio G90 Specifications
- Process: 12nm TSMC
- CPU: Octa-core (2.05GHz Cortex-A76 x 2 + 2GHz Cortex-A55 x 6) 64-bit cores with Heterogeneous Multi-processing
- GPU: ARM Mali-G76 MC4 (900MHz)
- Video Encoding: H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- Video Encoding and Playback FPS: 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 120fps, 720p at 240fps
- Video playback: H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9
- AI: AI Accelerator
- Memory: Up to 10GB (up to 2133MHz, 2X LPDDR4X), eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1
- Display: Up to 2520 x 1080 pixels Full HD+ resolution at 21:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate
- Camera: 24MP + 16MP, 48MP, 64MP
- Capture FPS: 64MP @ 22.5fps, 48MP @ 30fps, 24MP + 16MP @ 30fps
- Camera features: 3X ISP, AI Face Detection, HW Depth engine, AINR, Single-cam/Dual-cam Bokeh, Hardware Warping Engine (EIS), Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine, MEMA 3DNR, Multi-frame noise reduction
- Cellular Technologies: 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000, 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), 4G FDD/TDD, HSPA+
- Specific functions: 4X4 MIMO, 3XCA, 256QAM, TAS 2.0, HPUE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category: Cat-12 DL / Cat-13 UL
- GNSS: Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 (a/b/g/n/ac)
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- FM Radio: Yes
- Other features: Dual Mic Wake-up / Dual Wake-up word
The MediaTek Helio G90 SoC is aimed at premium 4G gaming smartphone segment. It will power several smartphones from major brands, which are slated to go official in September.
Dr. Yenchi Lee, Deputy General Manager, Wireless Communications Business Unit, MediaTek said –
“The smartphone gaming segment shows sustained growth, with device makers keen on offering newer, more advanced technologies to gaming enthusiasts. MediaTek continues to enhance its G series gaming chips to deliver robust performance and MediaTek Helio G95 is our most powerful gaming chip to date.”