MediaTek has officially unveiled its latest P Series chipset called Helio P70. It is successor to Helio P60 and comes with slightly improved CPU, GPU and camera configs.
The Chipset is based on TSMC’s 12nm process an comes with multi-core APU (525MHz) for fast and efficient edge-AI processing. Company claims that Helio P70 offers 10% to 30% improvements in AI processing when compared to Helio P60.
Unlike its predecessor, the P70 comes with slightly fast clock speeds of 2.1GHz A73 x 4 and 2GHz A53 x 4 cores. It has the same Mali-G72 MP3 GPU as P60 but has higher clock speed of 900MHz.
Statistically speaking, this new Helio P70 SoC offers 13% performance improvements, 7% better DOU and up to 35% lower power consumption when compared with P60. Other details are more or less the same as its predecessor.
MediaTek Helio P70 Specifications
- Display: up to 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 displays
- Process: TSMC 12nm
- CPU cores: 2.1GHz Cortex-A73 x 4 + 2GHz Cortex-A53 x 4 (Octa-core)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3 (900MHz)
- RAM: 1X LPDDR3 933MHz, 2X LPDDR4x Up to 1800MHz up to 8GB (LPDDR4x)
- Storage: eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1
- Camera: 32 Mega Pixels single camera OR 24 Mega Pixels + 16 Mega Pixels dual cameras
- Camera Features: Facial Detection & Scene Detection; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Anti-Blooming Engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction; Real-time HDR recording and viewing; Zig-Zag HDR; RAW-domain multi-frame HDR; PDAF
- Video Encode: 2160p h.264 at 30 fps
- Video Decode: 2160p (2160 x 1080), h.264, h.265 / HEVC at 30 fps
- Modem: Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL, 2×2 UL CA, TAS 2.0, HUPE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, ANT+, FM Radio, Bluetooth V4.2
The MediaTeK Helio P70 will be available for smartphones by November as it is already in production. (Via)