MediaTek has officially introduced its latest Helio P Series chipset called Helio P90. It is based on TSMC’s 12nm FinFET process and comes with APU 2.0 with Fusion AI.
The Fusion AI runs multiple AI functions at the same time and can easily handle complex AI apps and tasks. It generates 1127GMACs which is about 4.6 times more than MediaTek Helio P60 and P70.
The MediaTek Helio P90 features in two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and six ARM Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2GHz. It has IMG PowerVR GM 9446 GPU is claimed to offer 15% improved performance when compared with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
The SoC can easily handle 24MP + 16MP dual rear cameras and allows 480fps slow motion recording. It can also tackle up to 48MP single shooter.
MediaTek Helio P90 Speciications
- Process: TSMC FinFET 12nm
- Display: 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution (Full HD+) at 21:9 aspect ratio
- Apps CPU: dual 2.2GHz Cortex A75 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55
- Graphics: IMG PowerVR GM 9446 (970MHz)
- RAM: up to 8GB (2X LPDDR4X at 1800MHz)
- Storage: eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1
- Camera: 48MP single camera or 24MP + 16MP dual cameras
- Camera features: AI Facial Detection, AI Scene Detection, Hardware Warping Engine (EIS), Anti-Blooming Engine, MEMA 3DNR, Real-time HDR recording / viewing, Multi-frame HDR, Zig-Zag HDR, Multi-frame noise reduction, PDAF
- Video Decoding: 2160p, H.264, H.265 / HEVC at 30fps
- Video Encoding: 2160p H.264 at 30fps
- Modem: Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71, TAS 2.0, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL, 4×4 MIMO, 3CA, 256QAM, HPUE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WFC), eMBMS,
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, FM Radio
The Helio P90 is already in production. Smartphones powered by P90 are expected in first half of 2019.