MediaTek has officially announced its latest Helio P95 Octa-Core SoC for mid ranges smartphones. It supports Dual 4G SIM with VoLTE/ViLTE services.
The MediaTek Helio P95 features in octa-core CPU’s consisting of two 2.2GHz Cortex-A75 cores and six 2.0GHz Cortex-A55 CPU cores. The SoC is paired with IMG PowerVR GM9446 GPU which offers 10% performance boost over previous generations.
The chipset supports up to 8GB dual-channel LPDDR4X Memory. It has MediaTek HyperEngine game technology which goes beyond the chip and tunes the smartphone to provide intelligent networking, rapid touchscreens and vivid visuals for smooth gaming performance.
The Helio P95 houses APU 2.0 Advanced AI Processing Unit which offers 10% improved performance than its previous generation. The SoC can handle a single 64MP camera or multi-camera setup of 24MP + 17MP. There are several AI camera enhancements and portrait capture, thanks to its high performance Hardware Depth Engine.
The Helio P95’s triple ISP is capable of 14-bit RAW and 10-bit YUV processing with exceptional power efficiency. Some of the AI Camera capabilities includes 5-person human pose tracking, full body avatar AR, 3D pose tracking, multiple object and scene identification, AR/MR acceleration, AI Depth Engine and AI-NR low-light photography.
MediaTek Helio P95 Specifications and Features
- Processor: 2 x 2.2GHz ARM Cortex-A75 + 6 x 2GHz ARM Cortex-A55 (octa-core) 64-bit CPU’s
- Graphics: IMG PowerVR GM 9446 GPU
- Max Display Resolution: 2520 x 1080 pixels at 21:9 aspect ratio
- Video Encoding and Playback: H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- AI Accelerator: Yes, Enhanced MediaTek APU 2.0
- MediaTek Technologies: MediaTek HyperEngine, CorePiolot, NeuroPilot, Pump Express
- Memory: 2-Channel LPDDR4X up to 8GB at maximum 186MHz frequency
- Storage type: UFS 2.1
- Camera: 64MP single or 24MP + 16MP Max Camera ISP with 3840 x 2160 Max Video Capture resolution. Up to 64MP Capture or up to 32MP @ 30fps.
- Camera Features: AI NR, FaceIQ, 30fps adv. depth engine, HW EIS, Anti-Blooming Engine, MEMA 3DNR, MFNR, Real-time HDR, Zig-Zag HDR, RAW-domain MF HDR, PDAF
- Cellular Technologies: 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000, 1x/EVDO Rev.A (SRLTE), 4G FDD / TDD, HSPA+
- Cellular specific functions: 4G LTE Cat 12 (DL) / Cat-13 (UL) (FDD/TDD), 4×4 MIMO, 3CA, 256QAM, HPUE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WFC), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71, TAS 2.0
- General Connectivity: Wi-FI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo, FM Radio
MediaTek hasn’t revealed the availability of Helio P95 SoC. None of the manufacturers have announced smartphones powered by P95 chipset yet. We should see the SoC in action very soon though.