MediaTek took to Indian Mobile Congress 2017 platform and has announced MT6739 SoC. It is successor to MT6735 chipset and is aimed at entry level to mid-range 4G smartphones. Along with it company also introduced Helio P23.
The MediaTek MT6739 features in quad 64-Bit ARM Cortex-A53 cores operating at speeds up to 1.5GHz. It is backed by IMG PowerVR GE8100 GPU (clocked up to 570 MHz). It can handle displays with up to 1440 x 720 pixels HD+ resolution.
The chipset is equipped with Advanced WorldMode LTE Cat.4 modem (150Mbps DL / 50Mbps UL) and is capable of supporting Dual SIM with Dual Standby (4G + 4G or 4G + 3G). It also allows Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2001 1x / EVDO Rev.A (SRLTE), EDGE, FDD/TDD LTE, GSM, TD-SCDMA and WCDMA.
MediaTek MT6739 Features
- Support displays with 1440 x 720 pixels HD+ resolution
- 1. 5GHz Cortex-A53 64-Bit Quad-Core
- IMG PowerVR GE8100 GPU (up to 570MHz)
- Up to 3GB LPDDR3 RAM (667MHz)
- eMMC 5.1 Storage
- 8MP + 0.3MP (VGA) dual cameras
- Video Encoding: 1080p @ 30Fps, H.264
- Video Decoding: 1080p @ 30Fps, H.264/HEVC
- Modem: 4G LTE Cat. 4 DL / Cat. 5 UL (FDD/TDD), C2K SRLTE, L+G, L+W/L+L DSDS, eMBMS, HPUE, 600MHz band supported
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, FM, GPS+Glonass / GPS+Beidou
The MediaTek 6739 and Helio P23 powered devices will be available in India and in Global markets by end of 2017.
Dr. Finbarr Moynihan, General Manager of International Corporate Sales, MediaTek said:
Consumers expect smartphones to do more than ever before. That’s why we designed the smartphone chipsets with features to let you share, do and capture more and at the same time plug in less. Our latest offering in India allows OEMs and ODMs to create 4G-entry smartphones that deliver premium features that provide high–end value at affordable prices.