Qualcomm has just introduced its latest Snapdragon Chipset called Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform. It is built on 10nm process technology and is first in 700-tier portfolio to offer high-tier mobile experiences by bringing premium features to broader audiences.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform provides new architecture and offers improved performance when compared with Snapdragon 600 series. For instance, it has multi-core AI Engine which doubles the performance of AI Applications when compared with Snapdragon 660 SoC. It also allows easy capture and sharing of contextually-aware photos and videos and personalized voice and speech patterns.
The Snapdragon 710 offers heterogeneous computing thanks to Qualcomm Hexagon DSP, Qualcomm Adreno Visual Processing subsystem and Qualcomm Kryo CPU. It also includes Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP which helps capture professional grade photos and videos with superior low light photography, Noise reduction, Fast Auto Focus, Image Stabilization, smooth zoom and real-time bokeh effects.
The chipset supports up to 13MP single IS and 20MP dual ISP. Moreover its AI Engine supports smooth and speed video transfer, deep portrait modes and Face ID / unlock with active depth sensing.
The Snapdragon 710 features 4K HDR Playback or viewing. It is first outside Snapdragon 800 series to support it. It not only delivers greater brightness, wider color gamut but also offers enhanced visual quality. The chipset is equipped with Snapdragon X15 LTE Modem (category 15) which supports up to 800Mbps download speeds. It also supports 4×4 MIMO technology (on up to 2 aggregated carriers) for 70% faster download speeds in weak signals.
Talking about power, the SoC is power efficient. It is said to have 40% reduction in power consumption for both gaming and 4K HDR playback. There is 20% reduction in power usage when streaming videos (all comparison against Snapdragon 660). It also supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ fast charging technology, which charges battery from 0 to 50% in 15 minutes.
Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform Specifications
10nm Process technology
- Supports displays with up to 3360 x 1440 pixels (QHD+) resolution, HDR10. Maximum up to 4K external display
- Octa-core (2.2GHz Kryo 360 performance cores x 2 + 1.7GHz Kryo 360 efficiency cores x 6) CPU
- Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Hexagon Vector Processor, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- up to 8GB RAM (up to 1866MHz) LPDDR4X, 2 x 16-bit
- eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1 and USB 2.0
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP – up to 32MP single camera or 20MP + 50MP dual rear cameras. Can connect up to 6 different cameras, Multi-frame Noise reduction (MFNR), Hybrid Auto Focus with support for Dual Phase detection 2PD) sensor. Capture 4K video at 30 fps with Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF), Accelerated Electronic Image Stabilization
- Qualcomm Processor Security, Qualcomm Mobile Security, Qualcomm Content protection
- Snapdragon X15 LTE modem with support up to 800 Mbps LTE (Cat 15).
- Up to 4K Ultra HD Premium playback, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Dual SIM VoLTE, VoWiFI, EVS, Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
The devices powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform should be available in Q2 2018.
Kedar Kondap, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. said –
The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform is the first in the newly defined and highly significant 700-tier, offering technologies and features previously only available in our premium-tier mobile platforms. By incorporating key AI capabilities and performance advancements, the Snapdragon 710 is designed to transform our customers products into the ultimate personal assistant, enhancing critical everyday consumer experiences, such as high-end camera features that will benefit from on-device high-speed AI processing, without sacrificing battery life.