Qualcomm has announced slightly upgraded variant of its Snapdragon 710 SoC and company is calling it as Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform.
Its specifications are more or less similar to SD710 but has faster clock speeds. It has 2.3GHz Kryo 360 dual cores as opposed to 2.2Ghz in its predecessor. The increase offers up to 10% increase in performance.
The Snapdragon 712 SoC is specially engineered to offer better battery life. It has heterogeneous computing structure which helps balance applications workloads, maintain low thermals and optimize power and performance.
Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform Specifications
- 10nm Process technology
- Supports displays with up to 3360 x 1440 pixels (QHD+) resolution, HDR10. Maximum up to 4K external display
- Octa-core (2.3GHz Kryo 360 performance cores x 2 + 1.7GHz Kryo 360 efficiency cores x 6) CPU
- Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Hexagon Vector Processor, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- up to 8GB RAM (up to 1866MHz) LPDDR4X, 2 x 16-bit
- eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1 and USB 2.0
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP – up to 32MP single camera or 20MP + 50MP dual rear cameras. Can connect up to 6 different cameras, Multi-frame Noise reduction (MFNR), Hybrid Auto Focus with support for Dual Phase detection 2PD) sensor. Capture 4K video at 30 fps with Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF), Accelerated Electronic Image Stabilization
- Qualcomm Processor Security, Qualcomm Mobile Security, Qualcomm Content protection
- Snapdragon X15 LTE modem with support up to 800 Mbps LTE (Cat 15).
- Up to 4K Ultra HD Premium playback, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Dual SIM VoLTE, VoWiFI, EVS, Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+