MeidaTek has just announced its latest octa-core Dimensity 820 chipset for mid-range smartphone. It is a slightly beefed up version of Dimensity 800, which was announced earlier in January.
The Dimensity 820 is based on 7nm process and houses slightly overclocked CPU and GPU. It houses 64-bit Octa-cores consisting of four 2.6Ghz A76 cores and four 2GHz A55 cores. It is paired with Mali-G57 MC5 GPU.
The SoC also include dedicated MediaTek APU 3.0 which offers enhanced AI-camera capabilities. Its Hyper Engine 2.0 Gaming technology improves gaming performance, reduces latency and adjusts CPU/GPU/Memory resources for better experience.
The MediaTek Dimensity 820 also comes with Imagiq 5.0 which is a flagship-class, HDR-Native image signal processor (ISP) which allows up to 80MP sensor. The SoC can also handle 4K video.
MediaTek Dimensity 820 Specifications
- Process: 7nm
- Maximum display resolution: 2520 x 1080 pixels at max 120Hz refresh rate, 21:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: 2.6GHz Cortex A76 x 4 + 2GHz Cortex-A55 x 4 (Octa-Core) 64-bit processor with Heterogeneous Multi-Processing
- Graphics: ARM Mali-G57 MC5 GPU
- Memory and storage: 16GB LPDDR4X with uFS storage
- Camera: 80MP single or 32MP + 16MP dual (max camera ISP)
- 3840 x 2610 Max video capture resolution
- Camera features: HDR-ISP (3+1) / Video HDR / Video NR / Video Bokeh / Video EIS / AI-Shutter / AI-AE / AI-AF / AI-AWB / AI-NR HDR / AI-HDR / AI-FD
- Video Encode / Decode: 2160p (2160 x 1080), h.264, h.265 / HEVC 4K 30fps, FHD 120fps, HD 240fps
- Cellular Technology: 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-Mode, 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Specific Functions: SA & NSA modes; SA Option2, NSA Option3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 100 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Wi-Fi Antenna: 2T2R
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac,
- Bluetooth: V5.1
- FM Radio: Yes
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS + Beidou
Upcoming Redmi 10X will house Dimensity 820 SoC. Notably, the chipset is specially aimed at sub-6GHz 5G networks in Europe, North America and Asia.